background

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 94: My original Lilly

If you know me, you probably know that I have a particular soft spot for Lilly Pulitzer that goes beyond an affinity for bright colors. I love Lilly's clothes because they remind me of Margaret, who introduced me to the tropical clothing line in the summer of 2002. Margaret and Pa took my family to Nantucket, where we stayed at a house on Cisco Beach where we swam, biked, and read, and Mom made calamari, and I got to sleep in the attic nook, my favorite room of the house.  On one of our days in town, Margaret brought us into the Lilly store and together we picked out this pink and orange flamingo and palm tree dress.  It was a really special moment for me because it's not every day that someone buys me whatever I would like.  It's almost 10 years later, and I still think this dress was a solid choice.



Dress: Lilly Pulitzer
Shoes: Kohl's
Necklace: Gift from Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment