background

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 109: Birthday Sparkles

Sunday was my birthday, and I celebrated by starting my day with a work meeting in LA.  I took off the blazer and changed into slightly more comfortable shoes for a little walk to some vintage stores, and though I wasn't planning on wearing this all day, I never made it back to the hotel. I definitely wasn't prepared for the chillier temperatures of Venice, CA.  Even if my outfit choices weren't the right ones to get me through the day, I had a great time.  We went to Koreatown for lunch, and then to Denise and Dan's adorable abode, where they surprised me with cupcakes! Then we headed to Venice and wandered among the canals, which were cute and allowed us glimpses into the privileged life. We swapped out Denise and Dan for Chris and Rosalie when the Andersons had to leave, so then we walked up and down the Venice Beach Boardwalk with Chris and Rosalie.  There were no musclemen out on Muscle Beach that day, unfortunately, unless you count Dave and Chris, of course. We finished our day with dinner in Little Tokyo and thought about how much ground we covered in two short days!

Amazing macarons at Bottega Louie! These are pumpkin and earl grey.

Touching the Pacific for the first time, but trying to keep Denise's sneakers dry!
Blazer: Marshall's
Shirt: Gift from Dave's Mom, Coldwater Creek
Pants: Gap
Shoes: This day, I wore Nine West stilettos, Old Navy boots, and Denise's sneakers
Necklace: Gift from Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment