background

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 92: White for all seasons

This dress did double duty at the resort because it was perfectly casual for lounging but also ideal for breakfast and lunch.  I bought it at my local thrift store, still with the tags from Kohl's on it.  In the past few years, that's traditionally how I have shopped at thrift stores, so I don't think this technically counts as thrifting. I am excited to debut a new skirt pretty soon that is legitimately vintage and also from the $1 rack.

I believe that living in Philadelphia means that the thrift stores don't have the best selection. For better or worse, people love coming to the South Street area to find their one-of-a-kind pieces.  Instead of becoming deterred, I have actually realized that I will just go to PAT more often, so I can always be on the watch for new items and get them before everyone else does.  This dress is one of only two clothing pieces I've bought there. I've actually had better luck with games; I bought Cranium and Wise & Otherwise, two favorite games, for $2.99 a piece.  Next August, a friend will be getting married near Kansas City, and I am already excited to check out some thrift stores there.  Where is your favorite place to go thrift shopping, and what are your best secondhand finds?

Dress: Philly Aids Thrift
Hat: Urban Outfitters
Sunglasses: Kohl's 

No comments:

Post a Comment