background

Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 100: Hooray!

It's time to celebrate! I'm 100 days into this project, and it's going really well! I started to wear all of my clothes 100 days ago in order to take an inventory of what I have. Each day, I have worn at least one piece that I haven't worn since the project started, and I'm well over halfway through.  Right now, I have a bunch of casual, plain short-sleeve shirts left, as well as a whole bunch of sweaters. I also have a handful of formal dresses, as well as my wedding dress.  I feel pretty confident that I'll be able to wear everything I have, even if it means that I will dress up too much for Thanksgiving or I have a party with a theme of "Wear your bridesmaid or prom dress".  Dressing up for Halloween is essential this year, too.

Cleaning out my closet has always been one of my favorite hobbies, and The Everything Project was a result of the biggest purge, after losing some weight and a few sizes.  I restocked on the essentials and some fun new pieces, and I am lucky to share clothing with some friends and sisters.  Today, I realized that I only have about 3 pairs of jeans, and they're all nice and new.  It's important to have jeans like these, but I am itching to go to the thrift store at lunch today to find a perfectly worn-in pair of light-colored jeans with a boyfriend fit. All I have wanted to do is dress comfortably and casually lately.  Last night I was tempted to babysit in my pajamas!

Pink & gray striped shirt: Betsy's, from American Eagle
Sweater: Old Navy
Jeans: From Laura, from Gap
Shoes: Chuck Taylors via TJ Maxx
Bag: Banana Republic
Earrings: ??
Candle Necklace: Gift from Anthropologie at my birthday last year.
Did any of you get the same one?

3 comments:

  1. Happy 100 Days! That went fast. :) P.S. I totally loved getting that candle necklace last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great project! Sounds like fun :)

    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph--Have you worn the candle necklace? I thought I was going to wear it on my birthday, but since I'm not bringing it on my trip to LA, I'm wearing it to celebrate 100 days!

    Heather--thanks! It is a lot of fun, and it really gets me thinking about what I have and what I need. I'd like to know what it would look like if other people tried this too!

    ReplyDelete