background

Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 75: My Grandmother's Sweater

I have had this sweater for 16 years and have never, ever worn it.  That's what happens when you receive and keep a garment for sentimental reasons.  The last time I wore a brown dress, I had no idea how to style it because it was 100 degrees outside.  Obviously, the answer is an itchy, warm sweater now that there is a chill in the air.  Dave always takes my picture as we walk to work and the air is still brisk, but since it may warm up substantially by lunchtime, I like that I'm not committed to a warm sweater all day long.

Dress: Banana Republic
Cardigan: Was my dad's mom's (Aga's)
Belt: gift from Ali
Bag: Goodwill
Shoes: Chinese Laundry via Macy's
Earrings: Don't know

ps. A colleague just asked if the sweater was handmade, and I realized that there are no tags, so I guess it is!

4 comments:

  1. it's a beautiful sweater and looks great on you! i love keeping things for sentimental reasons, but it's the icing on the cake when it actually looks great like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! It's really beautiful on you!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! It's really beautiful on you!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! It's really beautiful on you!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete