background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 69: Still Summer

Before dinner at 10 Arts last night, Dave and I popped into Gap to find a pair of sunglasses for him. Instead, we left with pants, shorts, and a top for me. I can't help it; the sales were great! And they were all on the list of items that I actually really need. Take these pants, for instance. Won't they be perfect for our travels to warmer climes next month? I probably settled on this outfit because I have been thinking about our hotel in Santa Monica, which I found out about on Cup of Jo.  I have a business trip to Los Angeles planned for next month, and since it overlaps with our birthdays, Dave is coming with me and we're turning it into a fun mini-vacation. 

I don't usually feel very feminine in a polo, but this scarf saves the day!

Top: Target
Pants: Gap
Shoes: Payless
Scarf: From Mom
Bag: Banana Republic
Anchor Earrings: Forever21
Ring: J. Karma

5 comments:

  1. I get a lot at places like DSW and Nine West, and they have held up nicely. I do have shoes from Payless though, and other places like Target, JCPenny, other department stores, and even some from places like H&M, Forever21 and NY & Company. There is also a shoe warehouse by us in Lansdale that has name brand shoes for cheap...got my Addidas sneaks and a recent pair of bridesmaid shoes there.

    I always wonder....if I had the money to buy very expensive shoes, would they really be that much more durable if I wore them all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsay,

    I buy almost all of my shoes at DSW. They have such a huge selection that I usually find what I'm looking for. I also check out Marshall's regularly, but you have to be careful because some of their shoes are poorly made. Banana Republic has nice choices if you want to splurge a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder about that too, Kayla! We need someone with really expensive shoes to let us know how they hold up. They still have to pay to get them resoled and things s they wear out. And do they not get smelly? Or do your feet not smell if you can afford nice shoes?

    Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Maybe they just don't smell!

    DSW rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the idea of your blog, and boy do i respect you! I can't imagine the random things i just will not throw out that i can't get myself to wear.

    keep blogging!
    Annina
    check out our Chanel giveaway:
    http://www.cinchedatthewaist.com/2011/09/giveaway-sharing-my-addiction.html

    ReplyDelete