background

Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 53: My Sunshine

My neighborhood in Philadelphia was completely fine when I woke up on Sunday morning, but I did not abandon my plans to hang out at home all day.  Sunday mainly consisted of a run at the gym, Arrested Development, finishing a puzzle and starting a new one, Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything, a walk around the Queen Village area, hot dogs wrapped in croissants for dinner, and listening to (and occasionally watching) the wedding in the backyard of the historic home across the street.  I wore this shirt and pajama shorts printed with whales wearing Christmas wreaths, but decided on jeans for the walk. 
These shoes are getting beat up, but they were essential in Costa Rica. They let me zipline, put mud all over my body, climb through waterfalls, and go for hikes.  I don't have any other shoes that could do that!

Since I bought this shirt in 2004, we took these pictures at one of the places I loved most when I was 18: the Theater of the Living Arts.  I've seen a decent number of shows there, but now I recognize about 1 band name out of the 10 listed on the marquee every time I walk by.

Shirt: Urban Outfitters
Jeans: Gap
Shoes: Sperry

2 comments:

  1. I love this t-shirt, I have to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hazel! It is a fun shirt! I wish I could let you know where to find it, but I got it 7 years ago at an Urban Outfitters store in New York. I think it's rare to find a shirt with a saying on it that I like, but this one won me over.

    ReplyDelete