background

Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 129: Circus Flora

In the summers of 2005 and 2006, I was a nanny on Nantucket and kept very busy with families of four each summer. I had a blast taking the kids to the beach and the playground every day, and think back on those summers fondly as some of the best times of my life.  I kept extra busy while I was there, though, and also worked for Nantucket Nectars, and in 2005, also at the Nantucket Atheneum (which is really just a library). As an intern at the Atheneum, I helped plan for the circus to come to town, and also count the donor preview day of the circus as one of the most fun days of those summers. My friend and co-intern Laurel and I got dressed up and walked around the cocktail hour, showing off a piece of jewelry and an incredible circus-themed piece of embroidery so they could be auctioned off later in the evening. We mingled, enjoyed hors d'ouevres, were amazed by the circus acts, chatted with some performers, and stayed late to enjoy many Stirrings cocktails. I also got this kid-sized tee shirt out of the deal. Good times.



Tee: Nantucket Atheneum
Cardigan: Gap
Jeans: Old Navy
Bag: Coach

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE seeing the nantucket shirts!!!! i think i still have that one even though there is no way it fits.

    ReplyDelete