background

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 29: Politician in Pink

One of the best perks of this project is that since I put effort into each outfit, I always feel presentable. There used to be times when I would hide in my cubicle all day because I felt frumpy, but I think I'm turning that around. I never claimed that I am fashion-forward or incredibly styled--I am simply wearing all of my clothes. When every outfit is photographed, though, and I am trying to put outfits together to make use of everything, I do get inspired to look pulled together.  Last night, Dave, Steph and I went out for happy hour, and even though we went to Jennifer Carroll's 10 Arts at the Ritz Carlton, I didn't feel compelled to change into something nicer first.  Their food is an incredible deal at happy hour, and it was fun to enjoy an upscale evening. We kept the ritz factor going all night by snagging a table at Village Whiskey and sharing some more drinks and bites there.  I highly recommend their cocktails, burgers, and milkshakes!





Cardigan: Target
Camisole: Kohl's
Pants: Sears
Shoes: Payless
Scarf, Watch, and probably Bag: Gifts from Mom
Bracelet: I really think I got this from a shop at a rest stop
Necklace: No idea

No comments:

Post a Comment